Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Halfway! Month 5 - July 2012.

I started off the month applying to be a pregnancy blogger for YummyMummyClubCA.  The opportunity seemed a perfect fit for me...something I'd really love to put my heart and soul into.  Thanks Heather!  Fingers crossed...wish me luck!

I also had to start off the month with a foreign ice cream.  I walked to Longo's for my regular Haagen-Dazs peanut butter, but it was sold out!!!  This is what I tried...it didn't compare:

We spent the lovely Sunday afternoon of July 8th with our good friends, the Amorosis:  Victor, Kathy, Matthew, Victoria and Sarah.  It was a beautiful sunny day spent outdoors.  We enjoyed each others' company, and the delicious eats from the charcoal grill.  We were grateful for their wonderful "parents-to-be" gifts.  Books for baby, books for Mom & Dad, and Fetus-Reali's first security blanket!  We are blessed indeed.  That night, Mike and I read Fetus his/her very first book:  "Oh, Baby, the Places You'll Go" (a book to be read in utero, adapted by Tish Rabe, from the works of Dr. Seuss).  

On July 10th, I dreamt that I felt the baby move!  I wanted this SO BAD!!  

On July 11th, I was officially halfway...20 weeks.  Kathy surprised me that evening.  She stopped by with a tub of Haagen-Dazs peanut butter ice cream and some delicious nitrate-free prosciutto!  She's obviously been pregnant before, and knew the way to my heart...  

On July 12th, Mike and I celebrated reaching "halfway".  We had a delicious Italian dinner at the Unionville House Restaurant, followed by dessert at the Old Firehall Confectionery.  We strolled the Main Street; me with my vanilla milkshake and Mike with his death-by-chocolate ice cream.  This pregnancy thing is pretty sweet!!

On July 13th, more excitement!  My 18-20 week ultrasound (and my last ultrasound).  Mike and I were so excited to see our little one again!  We saw the hand (in a small fist), a leg (bending at the knee), toes, heart, stomach, spine, nose and tongue.  We saw Fetus open his/her mouth to drink the amniotic fluid.  So cool!  We will never forget that day.  Here are a couple of the great pics we got from the ultrasound.  Fetus-Reali is looking right in the camera for one of them!  

We spent July 14th and 15th at Joanna's cottage near Picton.  It was a fun weekend with Joanna, Gillian, Sergio, Steph, Shant, Andre and Nicolas.  It was Saturday night that I felt my very first flutter!! It was probably around 10:00 p.m.  Everyone was playing cards and I was sitting on the couch reading.  There it was!  The most subtle flutter, but a flutter nonetheless.  It would be a week before I would feel anything again...

On July 16th, Jen surprised me at work with a sweet Peek-a-Boo bear.  She said she saw it at Niagara-on-the-Lake, and had to get it for the baby.  When you squeeze the foot, the bear says "Peek-a-Boo", giggles and puts its hands in front of and away from its eyes.  Thanks Jen!

On July 17th, Kathy loaned me a bag of maternity clothes!  I didn't realize how ready I was for them, and who knew how comfortable they could be??!!  I think everyone should be wearing maternity clothes.  Thanks Kathy!  At this point, I can still fit into all my own clothes except for pants.  The shorts, capris, jeans and sweats were most welcome!

On July 18th, I was 21-weeks pregnant.  I went to Healthy Planet and bought coconut oil.  Stretch marks or no stretch marks, that is the question.

On July 20th, Kathy dropped off more maternity clothes for me.  Happy 10th Anniversary, Kathy & Vic!  xo!

Saturday July 21st was a big day!  We assembled the crib and mobile...very exciting!  We went over to my cousin's place for a BBQ dinner (Alana, Michael and Mitchell).  Not only did we have a great visit and delicious meal (fit for a king, I might add), but we also came home with a van full of baby hand-me-downs (clothes, a bouncy chair, a swing, a Jolly Jumper, a baby bath, an exersaucer, toys, you name it).  We are overwhelmed by all the love and support of family and friends.  Thank you!  Late that night, and for what seemed like hours, I felt a tiny vibration in the same spot (over, and over, and over again).  When I described it on Facebook, friends commented that Fetus-Reali might be hiccuping!  My first 2 "feelings"...a week apart...on Saturdays!  A party animal?!

On July 23rd, I had my monthly OB appointment with Dr. Peters (and a resident, Dr. Lougheed).  The 18-20 week ultrasound results were normal, and my placenta is clear of my cervix.  I did learn that I have an anterior placenta, which means the placenta is between me and the baby.  This explains why, at 22 weeks, I still haven't really felt the baby move, jab, kick.  The baby has a "soft pillow" to kick instead of my tummy.  I will eventually feel it, but it will take time.  I'm waiting...  That evening, I completed my registry at Babies"R"Us (except for bedding and a diaper bag, which I simply could not "settle" on).

On July 24th, Gabriella (a co-worker), introduced me to Dream A Little Dream Baby Boutique in Markham.  How did she know I needed her?  I immediately found my bedding and diaper bag.  I was ecstatic!  And, I can register...  So, Skip Hop was what I needed after all.  How precious is this bedding?  I must have been really excited, because I had no ice cream today...LOL.

22-weeks on July 25th!  Alex finished the matching owl hat for Daddy.  Isn't it ironic that the "owl" from Skip Hop Treetop Friends is now my nursery theme???  I can't wait for Daddy and baby to wear their matching hats home from the hospital.  Thanks Alex!  I also want to thank my co-worker, Lisa, for generously giving us her Graco playpen.  Another exciting day and no ice cream...

Guess what I discovered on July 26th?  PC Loads of Peanut Butter!  OMG!  That's all I can say.  Go out and try it for yourself.  You really should...you really must.  Yes, it tops Haagen-Dazs peanut butter ice cream!

On July 27th, I met Miss Olivia Elizabeth.  At 2.5 months, she is just the sweetest thing.  Precious!  It was a wonderful feeling cuddling her...thinking this would be me and my baby in exactly 4 months.  It was great seeing you, Gillian, thanks for the visit.  You have 2 beautiful children!!


On July 28th, I met with some Moms-to-be from my Facebook November 2012 Birth Club group (GTA Meet & Greet).  It was wonderful meeting Kim, Emma, Charlotte and Angie.  I think Angie and I were all ears listening to stories from Moms-to-be for the 2nd time, Kim and Charlotte.  I enjoyed the sunny afternoon...feeling like I belonged, and look forward to our next get-together!  And, what a cutie that Emma is!!


The end of the month was my last day at 22-weeks.  The end of July also brought one of my only pregnancy-related symptoms to date...heartburn.  Other than that, I'm feeling great...I still don't really feel pregnant.  I'm glad I got a preview of what Fetus-Reali "feels" like, even if only by way of a subtle flutter and a mild case of the hiccups.  I look so forward to all that lies ahead...

You'll find that this world's
a great place to begin,
but it could use some help,
which is where you come in.

So now, as my voice
burble-urps in your ear,
with a bump-thumpy sound
that is not very clear-
the words I am saying
you hear in your heart,
and know that I wish you
the very best start.

It's a scrumptulous world
and it's ready to greet you.
And as for myself...

well...
I can't wait to meet you!

1 comment: